On 12/19/2011 06:12 PM, Pid wrote:
On 18/12/2011 08:37, Mladen Turk wrote:
On 12/17/2011 09:24 PM, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
As requested here is a proposal to move to Maven.

I simply cannot understand why some folks have
almost religious fascination with Maven.

I know many projects that have move from Ant to
Maven and are now either switched back or gone to
some other solution like Gradle or are in the
active process of seeking the alternative.

I was wondering if someone would mention Gradle.  If there's a build
tool shootout to be had, Gradle should get fair consideration.

Exactly. Since any change would require a learning curve
and it seems we don't have that many (read none) maven
experts in the house, Gradle could be equally considered,
given that it seems more advanced in customization.
E.g I know that Hibernate switched from Maven to Gradle
just because maven

But then we are back at original question.
What's the benefit and do we have a problem that
cannot be done using existing technology?

Regards
--
^TM