On 16.01.2012 00:29, Mark Thomas wrote:
The proposed Apache Tomcat 7.0.24 release is now available for voting.

It can be obtained from:
http://people.apache.org/~markt/dev/tomcat-7/v7.0.24/
The svn tag is:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/tc7.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_7_0_24/

The proposed 7.0.24 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[X] Stable - go ahead and release as 7.0.24 Stable

+1 but note that's not an easy decision, because one of the unit tests fail for the src distribution due to incomplete packaging (two mising "target" directories). IMHO that's not nice but not a show-stopper.

The crash in APR was not reproducible. Some other unit test failures only occur every now and then and look like timing issues.

Details:

- MD5 OK
- signatures OK
- key in KEYS file
- gz and zip for src and bin consistent
- src *not* consistent with svn tag !
  - Missing in src because "target" excluded in dist-source (build.xml):
    - test/webapp-3.0-virtual-library/target
    - test/webapp-3.0-virtual-webapp/target
  In addition the following minor points
  (no regression or already fixed):
  - line ends of modules/jdbc-pool/resources/MANIFEST.MF differ
    between svn and gz although eol-style is set correctly.
  - line ends of 3 java sources files are wrong because svn:eol-style
    was missing. Fixed in r1231860
  - the files we copy before building, e.g.
    catalina.properties and jdbc-pool.xml are of course
    not in svn for the cp target location, but they are
    in the src bundles.
- builds fine
- build result looks consistent with binaries
- no checkstyle complaints
- no Javadoc errors
- Unit tests *one FAILURE* for BIO, NIO and APR
  - TestVirtualContext fails for build generated from src
    because of the missing target directory in the src distro
    (see above)
  - some spurious failures do not seem to be new:
    - TestWebappClassLoaderMemoryLeak: Timer thread still running
    - TestAsyncContextImpl (NIO): one failure in line 172,
      because response time was 976 ms, which is not >= 1000
    - TestXxxEndpoint (APR): crash in HotSpot when compiling
      C2:   5449 114
     !org.apache.tomcat.util.IntrospectionUtils.setProperty
     (Ljava/lang/Object;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Z)Z
     (925 bytes)
     Not reproducible!
- JMX MBean-Comparison only expected differences:
  - Attribute "-requestBytesSent" for RequestProcessor related
    to thread http-bio-8080-exec-1 shows "0" instead of "131072".
    This is likely a consequence of the JMXProxy now first formatting
    the complete result via the MBeanDumper and then writing back
    everything, so at the time of formatting nothing was written yet,
    so byte count "0". I checked with a request streaming data and
    when I dump the MBeans in parallel, I can see the correct
    requestBytesSent in the MBean for that streaming request.
  - New attribute "localPort" in Connector, ProtocolHandler
    and ThreadPool MBeans
  - New attribute "nameIndex" in ProtocolHandler MBean
  - slightly different sorting for "rejectedSessions"
  - two new loggers (o.a.c.mbeans and o.a.c.mbeans.MBeanDumper)

Build and tests were done using Java 1.6.0_30, OS was Solaris 10 Sparc,
tcnative was 1.1.22 based on APR 1.4.5 and OpenSSL 1.0.0f.

Regards,

Rainer