Hi,

I did a first round of backporting to tomcat7 - only the hooks. Please take
a look and let me know:

 https://github.com/costinm/tomcat/blob/trunk/tomcat7.diff

I've also submitted to git the changes to support SPDY/NPN for NIO and JIO
connectors - almost same diff, but the important change is:

https://github.com/costinm/tomcat/commit/698f4105a818e872877f3e8d9c50e003e2e706f0

The problem is that it add a compile dep on
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Jetty/Feature/NPN

the classes are modified from openjdk7 - it'll also need to be added at
runtime ( if spdy support with nio/jio is needed ), but I assume users can
download the jar until it gets merged into jdk7.

Alternative is to move all the coyote/spdy/{nio,jio} classes to a separate
repository, outside tomcat tree. I guess we could also move all spdy impl
to a separate repo and only leave the hooks.

Costin