I am trying to build the 1.1.x native connector from trunk so I can test
the changes I plan to make to support per socket time outs. I can build
using dynamic linking but not statically. What tool chain are folks
currently using to build the native connector binaries we currently ship?

My current issue relates to statically linking to OpenSSL. I get the
same failure with 1.0.c, 0.9.8x and 0.9.8k. I am using:
- Visual Studio 6 + SP6
- Win 2003 r2 Platform SDK
- OpenSSL binaries from http://slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html
- Targeting 64-bit platform

I am working through the VS6 GUI and the errors I am getting are
variations of this:
ssleay32MT.lib(t1_enc.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
__GSHandlerCheck

Cheers,