Sorry, haven't compiled on windows in last >10 years.
I suspect the easiest path would be cygwin and gcc.

If you want to use vcc - you need to find a way to generate the project
file with the right flags. One option would be to use the CMakeLists.txt -
you'll probably need to adjust the options and file list for windows. It
can generate native projects for both visual studio and eclipse. The file
is still there in main branch, the official solution is autoconf, but
sometimes it's good to consider alternatives too.

Costin