On 06/02/2013 15:45, Ron Monzillo wrote:
> I have posted the question to the TomEE and Caucho/Resin user's lists.
>
> It would also help to know what the level of interest is from Tomcat
> users and developers.

For users@, yours is the first post ever to mention JASPIC. We'll see
what reaction your post gets.

For dev@, it is safe to say it is an itch no-one has wanted to scratch
so far because it hasn't been implemented. User demand could change that
but so far there hasn't been any.

> I anticipate that there are Tomcat users and developers who are committed
> to other approaches, but I'd like to make sure the use of JASPIC has been
> presented for consideration by the Tomcat community.

It has been on our radar for well over 3 years. As I keep saying, so far
no-one seems to be that interested in either using it or implementing it.

> I would also like to know if anyone has already done or is interested in
> doing
> the work to integrate the JASPIC  profile in the Tomcat code base.

I believe the Geronimo folks have had this implemented for a number of
years. If JASPIC support was going to be added to Tomcat, that is
probably where we'd start.