For trunk we have been running a policy of zero warnings in the code.
This has helped to highlight issues as code is edited as any warnings
are immediately clear. Obviously, this depends on what warnings are enabled.

Currently, we use Eclipse's "Ignore unavoidable generic type problems."
Recently a couple of issues has been highlighted with this:
1. Other IDEs might not have this setting.
2. javac does not have this setting
3. Some of the problems Eclipse excludes are avoidable (well, sort of
avoidable as avoiding them requires using JRE methods that themselves
have @SuppressWarnings annotations).

In favour of the current situation is that it reduces clutter in the
code base slightly.

While I am all for reducing clutter in the code base, there do appear to
be good reasons for disabling the "Ignore unavoidable generic type
problems." and using @SuppressWarnings instead.

Personally, I am happy with the current settings but not unhappy to
change. I guess that makes me +0 on changing. What does everyone else think?