With some additional information from Mladen regrading the build tools
to use, I now have a working build environment for the Tomcat Native
connector binaries. This is documented at:
http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/BuildTcNativeWin

What I don't have, yet, is the ability to reproduce the entire tcnative
release (mainly because I haven't tried yet).

Clearly we need a 1.1.31 release ASAP. The key question at this point is
for Mladen: Are you in a position to roll a 1.1.31 release and if so in
what timescale?

Until we have an answer to that question I intend to start on trying to
create a full 1.1.31 release locally.

It would be good if others were able to recreate the tcnative build as
well to validate the steps on the wiki.