On 16/02/2015 14:09, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
>> The proposed Apache Tomcat 8.0.20 release is now available for voting.
>>

>> The proposed 8.0.20 release is:
>> [ ] Broken - do not release
>> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 8.0.20
>>

> I am abstaining for now.
>
> Using JDK 7u76, win, 32-bit
> Unit tests pass.
>
> Smoke testing: I see an issue with numberwriter example.
>
> Test:
> 1) go to  /examples/servlets/nonblocking/numberwriter  with a web browser
> 2) look into access log
> Expected: status 200
> Actual: status 500 for APR, NIO, NIO2.  (BIO is OK)
>
> NIO sometimes show status 200.
> NIO+HTTPS shows status 200.

How frequently do you see this? I've just tried repeating this with NIO
on Windows (64-bit OS, 32-bit u76 JDK, 8.0.x) without success.

I've tired a few other OS / JDK combinations that are less like your
environment and I haven't been able to repeat this there either.

> A GET request is sufficient to trigger this, so I first noted this
> with wget -r examples and searched the log for " 500 ".  The
> downloaded file is OK.
>
> There are no error messages in JULI log files.
>
> Looking into my old logs for testing 8.0.18, this was observed in that
> version as well, so it is not a regression.

OK. Based on what we know about this so far, I intend to continue with
the 8.0.20 vote.