Hi, all!
Some update on JASPIC state.
Yesterday and today I was working on FORM authentication module
implementation.
I've ported old code to new module, got it to work, and then ported
integration test to ensure, that my refactoring's will not broke something.
Then I have split huge method into smaller ones in order to maintain code
readability, and for better understanding of FORM authentication process.
Also, I have finished BASIC authentication integration test, just to have a
rest from FORM authentication.
Currently I have a bunch of commits in my personal repository
https://github.com/fjodorver/tomcat/tree/feature/form_auth, but I think a
lot of them must be squashed. I'll provide these commits as patches in
couple hours.

What about problems, I have one with Principal caching in session.
There are possibility to enable/disable Principal's caching in old
implementation. This feature can be handled using getter/setter
setCache/getCache in AuthenicatorBase, and it's enabled by default. I am
curious about this thing, how it can be controlled by user, and is it very
important feature?
I'm not sure about that, because this option is used only once - in
DigestAuthenicatior. In all other places Principal caching is enabled.
Could somebody provide additional information on this? If this option is
important, it can be implemented by simply passing configuration settings
using options HashMap directly from ContextConfig. If it's not, then it can
make our life much easier.
Other problem is that I am actively using tomcat's internal stuff in
authentication modules. Arjan, could you confirm, is that acceptable? For
example using catalina's Request instead of HttpServletRequest, catalina's
context and so on.

Thanks,
Fjodor