Alan, the gitflow way is basically review then commit. Because the 'Release
Manager' (of whom we lack...) needs to review and choose (cherry-pick) EACH AND
EVERY SINGLE COMMIT. And even worse - by deleting the 'temp' branch afterwards
we also loose all the other work later.

And once again:

We must not delete anything from our repos!

We must not squash commits!

We must not loose any history!
We must guarantee a verifyable code provenance!

Those are no 'should' those are MUST!

LieGrue,
strub