> On Jan 28, 2015, at 11:18 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> Well it basically forces you to move commits to master once you released
> and since that is git you can rewrite the history (caricatirally you ll
> just add 1 commit to master saying release-x).

GitFlow espouses that you merge your release to the master branch. It does not
force you to move commits to the master, there is a difference. As for the
possibility of rewriting history that's something that's inherent in git, not
the GitFlow that developers here are currently using.

If what I've said is accurate then I don't really see a violation here as the
provenance of commits is clearly preserved so long as we do not delete the
develop branch.