> Because 'lookup' is endorsed api and not on the buildbot. java:app/jdbc/
> was
> not working and needed a quick fix.

isnt it a "old" test? Why was it working before? If new just ignore my
comment then.

> The buildbot compiles with jdk 6 for 1.7.x. So it needs code that compiles.

We are free to update the build to match our need.

> If LocalFileHandler cannot use deps then it needs a re-write for jdk6
>

> Most users are not using jdk 7/8, and even if they would be we must still
> compile under 6. Not my decision to make, and certainly not one to force on
> existing users of TomEE 1.7.x

well from what I saw fewer people are on j6 than what I would have thought.
Then we are not forced to stay on java 6 - even for TCKs, most of certified
EE 6 servers are on j7 now. Finally we wouldnt force anyone if we only
compile with j7 this part - once again tomcat 7 does it since more than one
year.