there is java 6 API for these things but got some surprises using them and
not j7 one on some UNIx. I would really prefer to go with j7 code even in
1.7 than j6. If we manage to do a 7.x AND 1.7 vote (ie both in the same
thread) I'm +1 to remove it from 1.7.x and I can do the extraction in a
module on 7.x if everybody is happy with it. If we can't I'm tempted to
keep it like that since it is the less hurting solution IMO to get this
included.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>