technically now since TomEE is hosted in GIT we even _have to_ give them own
repos.
Because those components will likely _not_ share the same lifecycle nor version
number than the TomEE app server, isn't?

GIT is not SVN. You technically cannot do sparse releases from a GIT repo. It's
always a single repo.

LieGrue,
strub