Hi All,

Good to see talk on moving TomEE into the MP scene.

The MP landing page of interest is this one: https://wiki.eclipse.org/MicroProfile/Implementation

As we can see, TomEE is a long way behind here.

I feel that we need to act 'really fast' to get TomEE on that board as soon as possible, even if it is 'just' a distribution with mp-config enabled - That would give us two hits on that board with little effort, mp 1.0 and config 1.2.

I don't think we should be waiting to get as much in as possible before releasing something, it should be our priority to release something now. That could easily be TomEE 7, and 8 soon after. In fact, the longer we wait, the less significant TomEE will become to MP.

I don't think it would be too hard to maintain the 7 and 8 versions by adding mp-impls as soon as we have them available.

As you know, all I wanted to do recently was to open up mp modules space for this work to begin on getting TomEE up to spec - Again, not to create implementations or libraries. I still believe this is a logical approach, to have a module per spec in TomEE. These modules should be focusing on getting the current impls of choice (Wherever they come from!) integrated into TomEE, and passing the corresponding TCKs provided by MP. I'd personally like to see TomEE MP modules high up in the project hierarchy and not buried, but I will leave that up to you guys for obvious reasons. I'd just ask that any one of you guys to get the ball rolling on this so that we can maybe divide the work?

Andy.