For a few months we've discussed doing and not doing a TomEE 7 flavored release
of MicroProfile 1.x for Java EE 7 users on Java 8, tentatively versioned TomEE
7.1.

Earliest email with TomEE 7.1 in the subject is around April, though I vaguely
recall it mentioned before.  I recall seeing a request from Mark to wait on it
till after 7.0.5 was released.  That's now out and a TomEE 7.1.x branch has
been created and being actively worked on.

There seem to be concerns that this will draw attention away from TomEE 8,
which is understandable, and some sentiment that this work should stop and
everyone focus on TomEE 8.  I haven't seen anyone suggest not working on TomEE
8, so I'll assume that as a constant that doesn't need to be voted on.

As the concern is largely resources, I propose the following compromise:

 - MicroProfile related PRs that can possibly apply to TomEE 8 must be merged
to master *before* the equivalent can be merged to TomEE 7.1.x. In short,
everyone must work on TomEE 8.

 - Those who wish to focus time only on TomEE 8 may do so, someone else can
merge the PR to 7.1.x if they have the energy.  In short, only the willing need
work on TomEE 7.1.x

With this in mind, the vote:

  +1 Allow work on TomEE 7.1 to proceed with the above two conditions
 +-O Abstain or don't feel strongly
  -1 I have a better idea

-David