Non-binding:

-1 : if there's a lack of resource i'd prefer to see first TomEE
compatibility with Java 11 LTS addressed as soon as possible (hoping a
fix for at least https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-2200...).

Indeed, Java 11 LTS is supposed to be soon available (25/09 according
to http://openjdk.java.net/projects/jdk/11/) and most major projects
(Hadoop, etc.) are waiting for this LTS (Long Term Support) version to
move beyond Java 8.

I have the felling that any major release from TomEE arriving
somewhere in November should be as ready as possible to live with this
"new Java for the couple of upcoming years..."

Thanks,
Alexandre