> On Sep 26, 2018, at 1:52 AM, Matthew Broadhead
> <matthew.broadh...@nbmlaw.co.uk.INVALID> wrote:
>
> i thought TomEE 8 was going to target Java 8 first?  a yum search on my
> CentOS server shows isn't even offering Java 11 yet.  is TomEE 8 supposed to
> support 11 based on some specifications?
>
> although i suppose it would be eye catching to demo Java 11 support at a
> conference...

Right I think that's an important discussion point.  I was imagining we'd still
compile on Java 8, but work out any issues that'd prevent it from running in
Java 11.  I don't know if this is possible.

If this is a situation where we'd have to drop Java 8 support or there are
complicated or non-optimal trade-offs, then I think we probably need to move
ahead with Java 8 and discuss the impact of Java 11 a bit more.

-David