I think the spirit behind this is great.  However, I don't think it actually
helps as the hardest part which will be for you to learn the release process
itself.  Time wise you should budget 3 weeks.  When you do know what you're
doing the process usually takes 2 weeks minimum as there's almost always at
least one aborted vote and reroll.  Given that, the chances of a release by
CodeOne are already slim.

My advice would be to create a release branch and start cutting actual binaries
in nexus.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins