I added a note on the PR. I did find the discussion on the mailing list:
http://tomee-openejb.979440.n4.nabble.com/OpenAPIDefinition-not-working-td4687918.html
.

It sounded like a flag is needed to pass the TCK currently - preference
would be that there is a test for this issue (which could just be an
Arquillian test which reads from /openapi, right?), but at the very least,
some indication that this is covered by the TCK and the removal of
the openejb.cxf-rs.cache-application=false setting in the existing TCK
module.

Jon