Wow, I did not expect to get an email like this so fast :)   It's awesome.

We build the ts.jte file dynamically in Groovy here:

 -
https://github.com/apache/tomee-tck/blob/master/src/test/script/openejb/tck/commands/SetupCommand.groovy#L37

That code is basically there to take this input file:

 -
https://github.com/apache/tomee-tck/blob/master/src/test/resources/testsuite.properties

...and fill out any variables that would otherwise have to be hardcoded
(versions in jar names, etc.).  Then it overrides the ts.jte file that comes
with the TCK and that's the one that gets used.

That said, there are still some hardcoded jar names, but... more opportunities
for contribution :)  We build other paths here:

 -
https://github.com/apache/tomee-tck/blob/master/src/test/script/openejb/tck/commands/CommandSupport.groovy#L155

So the short answer is we can either do the work in the testsuite.properties
file or build the right path in initPaths and make the generateTsJte function
smart enough put it into the ts.jte.  Or some combination of both.

Side note: if you start digging into these groovy files and have an urge to
refactor them go ahead :)  We actually grabbed this setup from Geronimo and
it's only been minorly changed over the years.  Any kind of love is welcome.

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins