Hi everyone, and thank you Jean-Louis for opening this topic again,

i would be more than happy to make the API switch and yank the specs jars
in favor of Jakarta EE official jars (cf. my mail from 9/nov/22
https://lists.apache.org/thread/cpt4cfhkv068cnrx3g2tl0cpgkb6rzj6)

i would also be happy to upgrade Tomee 8.x to MicroProfile 4.1 (EE 8) and
switch Geronimo impl with SmallRye. I would like to try on my machine to
clone TomEE 9.x branch and downgrade my clone from MP 5 to MP 4.1 and see
if the TCK passes. is this a good approach? what do you think?

on the part about adding projects/shadings, i am not a fan of growing up
the source code nor shade everything. maybe i don't understand the need for
shading, Would it be ok to use the com.sun implementations for Activation
and Mail? (left them out of TomEE scope and ease maintenance).

--
Swell