Hi all,

We have a huge mess of open issues, which are very old and are
targeting 1.7.x, 7.0.x or 7.1.x.

Some of these issues are already fixed (reporter didn't respond, issue
was never closed), had no activity for years now (ie. was a config
issue by the user, no response to questions) or are badly written, so
they cannot be reproduced anyway.

I think, that this mess hinders new contributors in finding adequate
tasks as it is totally unclear, which of these issues are worth to be
worked on.

Given that we eol'ed 1.7.x, 7.0.x and 7.1.x, we can (imho) close most
of the related issues. With our limited resources, it is impossible to
test, if these issues are still encountered in 8.0.x, 9.x or 10.x

I would like to propose to clean up our Jira, ie close most of these
orphaned / stale issues as "won't fix" because of "no activity" or
"eol'ed" target versions. Closing the issues won't affect the
searchability nor do we loose information. It just provide some more
clarity for the actual tasks we are working on.

If a reporter is still interested or a issue still bothers him/her, the
issue can re-opened and correctly updated with a (still supported)
target version.

Thoughts?

Gruß
Richard