Hi,

I did some trial checkouts over my 4MBit Home-DSL Line and found that
there are extreme differences between the checkout times via the "http"
and "svn+ssh" protocols.

http: 3h 50min
svn+ssh: 20min

Even if we account for different server loads etc etc it looks like
using http even for ro checkouts is not a good idea. I've no idea why
it's so bad, I'm still looking into it.

As a consequence I will setup readonly access via "svn" as well (without
ssh key).

Anyone attempting to use svnsync to mirror the server should use the
"svn" protocol.

Heiner