bjoern michaelsen - Sun Microsystems - Hamburg Germany wrote:
> I started a new wikipage here:
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Build_Environment_Effort/New_Build_System_Requirements
>
> collecting the major requirements for a new build system and what needs
> to be done to implement these requirements with GNU make and CMake
> (those two currently seem to be the only serious contestants). If you
> find additional requirements, feel free to add them to the page.

Nice page, thanks Björn!

Though I think the section about debuggability appears a bit, err,
skewed - I would think none of the contestants are "easily
debuggable" to the common man, when it comes to the internals. ;)

Having lean dependencies is also nice, but more of a runner-up
criteria for me - it would prolly only make a little dent in the dep
list OOo has anyway...

Cheers,

-- Thorsten