Jussi Pakkanen wrote:
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Martin Hollmichel
<martin.hollmic...@sun.com> wrote:

I started some time ago a cmake prototype for OOo in my spare time
(http://hg.services.openoffice.org/hg/cws/mh6bc/) for the latest status
please see the latest ReadMe.txt in the Source root for the most recent
status). You're invited to join this prototype, but be warned: it does not
work and kills your cat when try to run that :-).

You might want to look look at my attempt:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ooo-build/2009-August/000181.html
yes, thank you, I used and modified some of your work (add_idl_db and build_rdb_from db functions) and added a more modules (up to rsc now).
It goes quite a lot further and solves some of the issues listed in
your readme (detecting STLPort and Boost, etc).
for the moment the external libraries are not in my main focus,
 There's also the dmake
-> cmake converter script so you don't have to keep writing the files
by hand.

from what I've learned from cmake so far, it seems the best idea to do an 1:1 conversion since this might lead to too much targets (and thus dependencies) and writing CMakeLists.txt seem in some cases lead to more efficient makefiles.

one problem right now is that the usage of linker mapfiles (e.g. sal/util/sal.map) are not straight supported by cmake, unfortunately all the creation of several win32 import libraries are dependent to such mechanism, only some of the OOo Libs support the declspec(dllexport) or the Unix visibility mechanisms. so here some work is required.

Martin