There are a lot of pages on the ATC Confluence wiki, many of which no
longer appear to serve any purpose (e.g. Traffic Analytics) and/or have
been superseded by blueprints (e.g. Specs/Layered Profiles). With the
recent decision of the TC working group to host the meeting notes and
agenda on the mailing list, the only parts of the wiki that are regularly
updated won't be anymore.

With that in mind, we discussed cleaning up the wiki by removing some
outdated pages, moving feature definitions to blueprints (or removing said
pages in favor of existing blueprints), and at a certain point we wondered
what the purpose of Confluence even was anymore. There are pages there that
aren't captured anywhere else and have good information, but they're not in
the repository with the code, contribution guidelines, and documentation -
but they could be.

What if instead of using Confluence at all, we just switched to a GitHub
wiki? That would allow non-committers to suggest edits (or even just make
edits, depending on our settings), and in the porting process we could
tease out the things that work better in other places (e.g. documentation,
blueprints, etc.) and be left with a solid, small set of information that's
easier to maintain, navigate, and hopefully read.

Confluence is also somewhat frustrating to work with, especially for
developers who are used to writing their documents in markup (which is what
GitHub's wikis use, specifically Markdown) but on Confluence instead have
to use a rich text editor with some annoying restrictions on nested
formatting and the like, and is missing some features like code
highlighting.

For this thread I'd like to just focus on that idea of using the GH wiki
system; for actually cleaning up pages we'd probably want to do a PR and
then bring that back to the list so that when discussing it we could
actually see that the information was getting properly transferred
accurately and in its entirety.