One general comment is that it i'm finding it a little hard to tell in
places if you're talking about things that already exist in the current code
or if you're talking about things we might be able to do in the future to
support this. I also wonder if we may be looking at this from different
angles so talking across each other.

So using the simplest scenario of a standalone/offline mode like we use in
most itests/samples could you post some pseudo code of what this might look
like? I'll post again here the example test i used earlier which is using
the Node APIs (the existing impl would need to be modified to work with
SCAClient and provide some way to give the Node a domain uri) but i'm now
wondering if we should have some sort of SCADomain API, but could you/others
modify this test code to show what you're thinking this could work like?

public class SCAClientTestCase extends TestCase {

   private Node node;

   @Override
       node = NodeFactory.newInstance().createNode();
   }

   public void testInvoke() throws Exception {
       HelloworldService service =
SCAClientFactory.newInstance().getService(HelloworldService.class,
"HelloworldComponent", "urn:someDomainUri");
       assertEquals("Hello petra", service.sayHello("petra"));
   }

   @Override
   protected void tearDown() throws Exception {
       node.stop();
   }

}

   ...ant