snip...
> Presumably an SCAClient impl would only be expected to talk to an SCA domain
> with a similar implementation?

Y - binding-sca only works inside a domain.

> So the Tuscany SCAClient would use the
> Tuscany SCA binding to talk to a Tuscany domain, but you wouldn't be able to
> use the Tuscany SCAClient to talk to a non-Tuscany domain as the SCA binding
> impl could be implemented totally differently.
>
> And also does that mean an SCACient be only able to talk to services exposed
> with the SCA binding?

> So this:
>
>     <component name="Service1">
>         <implementation.java
> class="org.apache.tuscany.sca.binding.jms.ServiceImpl"/>
>         <service name="MyService">
>             <binding.jms />
>         </service>
>     </component>
>
> would not be invokeable via SCAClient as the service isn't exposed with the
> SCA binding.

Currently we have this trick in our local client where a new $self$
reference created. However It sounds ok to me to say that you can only
talk to things with an SCA binding. If you want to talk to something
without an sca binding then add binding.sca to the component in
question or add a proxy component to the domain to allow you to do it.
Does that make the client API too awkward to use?

Simon