I chatted with Raymond earlier and we agreed to try releasing the
plugin in parallel. Raymond has kicked off the vote for that which
will take 3 days.  I think we should still go ahead with an RC2
now'ish so we can review the fixes so far and then do a RC3 to pick up
and more fixes and the plugin release.

   ...ant