On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 9:07 AM, Raymond Feng<enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have an agreed Eclipse template, why can't people have the code
> formatting done using the code style in the 1st place?

+1, Although this is not mandatory, I'd really like to encourage the
Tuscany developers (at least the core ones) to be using the templates
as we describe in our developer guide. If there are issues with the
current template, let' s discuss it and fix it.

> I agree not to reformat the whole file at the same time when we fix the
> code, but I don't think we go too far. I have a few things set up
> automatically in Eclipse:
>
> * Organize the imports

+1

> * Convert the tab/space

+1

> It helps me a lot to maintain the clean code with disturbing the diffs too
> much.

+1

> The other thing, can we reformat the whole code base before we cut a RC so
> that we can have good style moving forward?

We could do this frequently, I tried the import/export in the whole
codebase and it seems to be very straightforward and I'll commit if I
don't see any build issues.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk