On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Just bumping this thread. It's starting to feel that we're getting
> close to being able to think about a first RC for M5. There are still
> otest TODOs but some of these are questions outstanding with OASIS
> which I don't think we need to wait for before M5. We know that OASIS
> have to update the otests to match the latest spec changes so we can
> take care of those then and we could adopt a strategy of taking a
> branch before all that kicks off.
>
> There are a couple of things that we could sort out, e.g. the
> transaction tests, and Luciano had a few things on his list that he
> wanted to get done. So shall we all show and tell again the things
> that we think must be done?
>
> Also, anyone want to RM M5?
>
> Simon

The two main things i'd like for the release are the compliance tests
and the distributed domain support.

I can see we may not want to wait for tests that need OASIS fixes but
i do think we should try to fix all the ones that aren't passing due
to Tuscany issues before doing the release. I think thats just these:

ASM_6015
TUSCANY-3483 (POJO_8003, POJO_8005)
POL_4013
POL_4028
TUSCANY-3487 (transaction intents)
POL_10001/2 (noListener intents)

I'd also like to have the distributed domain working well for the
release, thats almost there now but there have been some regressions
with the SCA client and hazelcast support which i'm working on now.
There are also dynamic wires and contributions across nodes that i'd
like to get done but i guess they could be in a later release if we're
keen to get this one out soon.

There's also smaller things that i'd like to get done for the release
like getting the Tomact runtime updated for all the domain changes,
getting the shaded jars more complete and other tidy up things like
that.

I'd also be up for being RM on this release, how about just waiting to
see whos available and doing the work when its actually time to do it.

   ...ant