Sounds good. lots of potential here. Comments in line.

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:59 PM, kelvin goodson <kelvingood...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> There are a few things in my mind:
>>
>> 1) Configure the maven plugin to produce javadoc for SPIs

+1

>> 2) Use a Javadoc diff tool [1] to generate a report for the SPI changes
>
> JDiff output looks very good!

+1 when there is a complete set of Java doc which of course we should
ensure is the case. And assuming the doc is kep up to date of course.
Still be good to have the short term solution and a fail-safe to check
that docs are being updated.

>> 3) The SPI packages can be found automatically by parsing the
>> META-INF/MANIFEST.MF for OSGi Export-Package headers. I have local code to
>> print out a list of that. We can even extend that to document extension
>
> I'd be happy to apply/build on your code if you could share it

We'd have to be careful which manifests we look at as this includes
both SPIs and dependencies between Tuscany core modules.

>> points.
>> 4) I also build a web application in my sandbox [2] that can list maven
>> dependencies for a given tuscany binding/implementation/policy extension.
>
> can you get that hosted so we can see it in action.  If not I'll try it
> locally.

Nice. Can we also put the info in a text report. We have a mvn plugin
that generates a spreadsheet in 1.x

>> 5) Some of the functions can be integrated with our maven-bundle-plugin to
>> perform post distribution reporting.

+1

> sounds nice

Simon