Analyzing the logs, I was able to find 3 problems which you can find below.
First one [1] hits a NotSerializableException on a class from Atmosphere so
I believe I should report this to them and see if they can do something
about it. The second one [2] seems to be coming from Tuscany, more
specifically from loading the contribution file. The third one [3] looks
like it is hitting another sandbox limitation in the Atmosphere - Jersey
integration and looks specific enough to ask them have a look on it.

Meanwhile I'll try and see what happens if I'll fix the first problem
locally even though I don't believe that will eliminate the other ones.

[1] http://tinypaste.com/d17879
 <http://tinypaste.com/d17879>[2] http://tinypaste.com/29b52
[3] http://tinypaste.com/94fd4