On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I seem to remember a while back that there was a way to generate the
>> separate feature meta data files into the distribution. I'm blowed if
>> I can either remember how that used to work or find any mention of it
>> in the code base.
>>
>> Am I imagining it?
>>
>> Simon
>>
>> --
>> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com
>>

> Answering my own question...
>
> Of course as soon as I post this I find out how to do it. I see the
> extra features appear if I do...
>
> mvn -Peclipse,release
>
> Now how does that work?
>
> Simon
>
> --
> Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org
> Co-author of a book about Tuscany and SCA: tuscanyinaction.com

OK so this behaviour is enabled when the mysteriously named
"useDistributionName" property is set true.

I'd like to enhance the plugin so you can be explicit about which
projects are being used to calculate the various metadata files that
the plugin can generate for a set of feature or extension related
dependencies. At the moment it's hard coded to look for features in
the module name. This would default to being empty so would not affect
current functionality.

Also I'd like to add a flag that allows you to turn off the modules
directory generation. Assuming you've populated this with the all
feature you don't need to regenerate it for any subsequent executions.
This would default to true so would not affect current functionality.

Regards

Simon