On 07/02/2011 10:56, Florian Moga wrote:
On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com
<mailto:simonsl...@googlemail.com>> wrote:

    So when you do a full build the build always hangs?

Yes.

    Is that test still in the build as I don't experience that.

Yes.

    What environment are you on?

Ubuntu 10.10, Sun JVM 6u22, Maven 2.2.1, Ant 1.7.1
Same happens with OpenJDK

    Simon

    --
    Apache Tuscany committer: tuscany.apache.org <http://tuscany.apache.org>
<http://tuscanyinaction.com>

Florian,

My experience with this testcase is that it fails with a hang on an intermittent basis, relatively infrequently.

I am running on Windows XP with Sun JDK 1.6.0_22.

I looked into reports of hangs relating to the RMI code and there are reports of such hangs if the RMI Registry is not released correctly when stopping it. RMI uses a pile of threads and can have connections open between Client and Server side that need to be properly closed.

A thread dump when the hang occurs does show an RMI thread waiting on some kind of lock, but I am not able to make much sense of what is going on.

I suspect that the place to start looking is in the RMIHost code - and in the stop() method of DefaultRMIHost...

Yours,  Mike.