Hi Jean-Sebastien,
I updated the project proposal adding some of your ideas, links and
Florian's previous project proposal and hoping to come up with a more
advanced proposal. Please let me know your ideas on the current proposal
(specially on timeline). It will be a great help for me to improve my
proposal.
Also before completing the "overview of the implementation plan" there are
some problems I need to discuss with.

   1. My plan is to create separate components for each database and make a
   composite component out of it. What do you think?
   2. Final global API for all the database components must be decided. Any
   ideas for it?
   3. Need to decide the order which we implement the components. I think we
   should start with Apache Cassandra since I have some knowledge in it.
   4. In Apache Cassandra there are lots of client APIs. Thrift is the basic
   and there are some other higher-level APIs (Java) like Hector, Pelops,
   Kundera, Datanucleus-JDO. There are some concerns with using these APIs like
   how bulky is the components would be since there are lots of dependencies.

Hope you have some ideas for them.

thanks
Eranda