The problem with the current samples is that most of them don't work
and there's no consensus yet on exactly what we want, I'm sure you've
all see the eighty odd long email thread about them - subject:  "2.0
Beta2 samples (was: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 Beta2 RC2)".

We could for now just copy back the samples that were in beta2, but
most of them didn't work or are incomplete, and we've had several
comments from devs and users saying its not helpful including samples
with problems. We could include just a few samples but I've trying to
get a basic helloworld sample into a state that there''s some
consensus is ok but no one other than me has ever said they're happy
with any of them.

All i personally want right now is the runtime jars released to the
Maven repository so i can use them without depending on snapshots, so
for that it needs the src distribution and the modules published, i
don't really need a binary distribution or any samples, and I don't
mind if its called 2.0-Beta3 or something else. So i'd quite like to
just release that now and sort out the samples later before 2.0. Would
you guys vote +1 on a release like that now?

   ...ant