Scott Kurz wrote:
Simon,

I didn't find the spec requirement to support this, do you happen to
see it?    BTW, as I mentioned in TUSCANY-3894, I did leave the
current behavior so that it preferes Java serialization over the local
binding-sca-runtime path.

Ths,
Scott

From section 7.2.5 in the latest javacaa spec version that I have:

 ServiceReference objects can also be passed as parameters on service
 invocations, enabling the responsibility for making the callback to be
 delegated to another service.

Although this is mentioned in the context of callbacks, the statement
in the first part of the sentence isn't limited or qualified as only
applying to this particular usage.

I don't think it matters whether Tuscany uses Java serialization or
XML serialization when passing service references, because Tuscany's
ServiceReferenceImpl supports both of these with identical semantics.

  Simon