The problem seems to be that the add-in is executed every time I click on a
parameter in the
function-wizard,  and thus the optimization routines I am wrapping are
executed over and over again
as I cycle through the different parameters.   So it's not a bug, but
something you want to keep in mind for larger problems that take several
minutes or longer to finish.

- joachim