The answer depends on whether or not you make use of "JCas".

Existing JCas classes need to be either converted or regenerated from the
descriptors.

The code for regenerating is in the uimaj-tools project.

The code for converting existing is in the uimaj-v3migration-jcas project.  The
conversion scans a tree in the file system looking for things that look like V2
JCas classes (source or compiled classes), and "converts" these to v3, and
reports on the conversion.

Other than those, you should only need uimaj-core.

I've just got the basic PEAR support starting to work, but haven't checked in
those changes, but if you're not using Pears, you might be able to get this to
work :-) as of now.

-Marshall