But what is the purpose of this test?   Currently it expects the major
version numbers to match, and prints a misleading error message if they
don't.  Are we sure that UIMA-AS 2.9.0 will work with any V2 UIMA?  Or
should the test be for the version of core UIMA that UIMA-AS includes, and
has been tested with?  Perhaps that would be too restrictive since it may
work with older or newer versions, so should we just generate a warning if
only the major versions match?

Burn