Hmm, looks like a hole in my testing script I don't import runtime
configurations from uimaj-examples. I only tested the two runtime
configurations that are part of uima-as source which are UIMA Run Remote
Async AE and UIMA Deploy AS Service. I can launch both from eclipse
(Keppler) without an error. I checked the CP and dont see xpp3-1.1.4.c.jar
typo. Attached are screenshots from my eclipse for both of these launch
configurations. Also I went into uimaj-examples and checked UIMA Deploy AS
Service.launch file:

<listEntry value="&lt;?xml version=&quot;1.0&quot;
encoding=&quot;UTF-8&quot;?&gt;&lt;runtimeClasspathEntry
containerPath=&quot;UIMA_HOME/apache-activemq/lib/optional/xpp3-1.1.4c.jar&quot;
path=&quot;3&quot; type=&quot;3&quot;/&gt;"/>

This looks ok. No idea why you are seeing this typo. Can someone else,
check these run configurations to confirm Eddie's observations?

-jerry