On 13.01.2017, at 15:12, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:

>  (1) could also be managed this way - by having Jar-producing modules have two
> versions of built artifacts (for example, ruta-core-v2 and ruta-core-v3).
>
> When a user wants to run with a particular version, they would need a way to
> order the two Jars (or select just the right Jar).

I think that would only make sense if the two could co-exist on the classpath.

Maybe we could inject a ${property} into the module's version element such that
we can set the version we want to build from the command line? ... but then even
if it worked, it would probably cause the release plugin to crash and burn...

-- Richard