If you think this might be fixed shortly, I'd recommend delaying the
release of 2.8.1 (and 3.0.x) until this is fixed, because it seems
likely to cause some amount of confusion / frustration among your
user communities, as they see end-of-life for Java 8 coming and
move to later releases...

-Marshall