+1 to Todd's valid concerns about transparency and visibility.

All decisions and most discussions* about the project should be public via
email or JIRA.

Dave

* there are some exceptions for new committer, PMC member and security
vulnerabily discussions, please refer to the policies documented on the ASF
web site.