Hello Jason,

perhaps you can integrate our UnifiedPush Server (e.g. running on a
different box, or on Openshift).
It supports the concept of "Application":
http://staging.aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/admin-ui/#_sending_a_push_notification

You can even narrow down to specific platforms (we call them Variants),
e.g. just ping all Android (or iOS) users of the Application

-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf