Seems fair enough.

I'm not too worried about the binary.  Though I did accidentally
compile a jar file yesterday under JDK 1.6 and install it on a
client's production server running JDK 1.5.  In the middle of the day,
crashing the app.  So I guess it never hurts for multiple eyes to
examine it.

WILL

On 1/27/07, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Jan 27, 2007, at 3:26 PM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:

> To me there seems a qualitative difference between a beta and a rc or
> final release.

There isn't from the POV of oversight.

> Keeping it less formal for a beta release seems fine.  But for a
> "release candidate" Geir's points make sense.  Either we should be
> voting on a specific binary, or the on the result of typing "ant
> package" with the current svn source.

Vote on the binary.  That way we call can smoke test it to make sure
it's right.