On 1/30/07, Will Glass-Husain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Just to clarify...

> > 2) Unlike V-tools, we did not have a test build.  Instead, the final
> > package was created with the choice "vote yes, or delay the release".

> no.  we did have a test build and veltools did not.
> test build == unreleased build to be tested then voted upon

What I meant is that there was no opportunity to offer fixes upon this
build before voting.  Due to the timing, Henning put that last touches
on the build then called for a vote.  Obviously, I'd much prefer to
just have added the missing page to the Velocity 1.5 branch, but
according to our recently clarified rules, I can't fix this and have
this vote apply to that fix.  We have to vote on a specific
distribution.

build or branch?  let's not confuse those.

that said, yes, it feels like 1.5 is caught on procedural
technicalities when the code is good and we all want to see it
released.  :(

As a side question, is there a required voting period?  It seems
pretty obvious to me that we could do another vote and with everyone
saying yes quickly, perhaps allowing Henning to still make this
happen.  Though I'd like to see an rc, I wouldn't insist on it.

i don't know.  i also don't know why we're just expecting Henning to
make this happen, when he's probably got enough to do with getting
ready to travel, and he isn't the one with itches left to scratch on
this release.

WILL